Friday, May 8, 2015

Life with baby

Baby Z and I have now been home for a week together, getting used to things and recovering from last week's escapades. This is a lot less exciting than it sounds (in case you didn't gather from the previous post). While adorable and cuddly, newborns are not the greatest companions. I downloaded an app to track feedings, diapers, etc. and here is what an average day looks like:

  • Wake up at 7:30. Eat for 12 minutes. Pass out.
  • Wake up needing to burp. Sleep for 10 minutes.
  • Wake up hungry; eat for 10 minutes. Pass out.
  • Wake up needing to burp. Get clean diaper. Sleep for two hours.
  • Wake up hungry. Eat for 10 minutes. Pass out.
  • Wake up and burp. Get clean diaper. Eat for another 7 minutes.
  • Pass out for twenty minutes and wake up hungry. Eat more. Pass out again.
  • Wake up to burp and get clean diaper. Pass out for an hour and a half.

... that takes us into the afternoon, anyhow. You get the picture. I just use the app so when the husband comes home I pull it out and say, "Look what we did today!"

Meanwhile, since I'm recovering from what my children now refer to as my "Mr. Smee Section," I am just getting to the point where I can bend over and pick things up, or get into and out of bed smoothly (almost there!) - things that I have been looking forward to for months.

We're getting there, one day at a time.  Next week we even get to drive again...

No comments:

Post a Comment