Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's the last day of 2009, which just may rank up there with my least favorite years ever. Not that I've seen oh-so-many years, but I can't ever recall wishing a year would just be over and done with as much as I have with 2009. I was pretty ready for it to be done back in July. Unfortunately, there were still five months of un-fun left at that point. Between terminal illness, hospitalizations, deaths, and job losses, 2009 went above and beyond the rule of three in making sure that all of the terrible bases were covered.

I realize, of course, that time doesn't pay any attention to the calendar on the wall. But a new year is a good time to draw a slightly-less-than-arbitrary line in the sand and say - bad things are now behind us! And that is what I will be doing at midnight tonight. I'm moving to the other side of the imaginary line, to a year where I look forward to spending time with healthy family and friends, sharing and creating happy memories. After last year, I think we all deserve a small break from the un-fun life likes to throw at you.

Here's to 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment